It’s time to apply for points in Wyoming!
Wyoming Mule Deer Hunting Preference Points Wyoming, unlike any other Rocky Mountain State will let you purchase Points between July 1st and October 31st .
“Why do I need points in Wyoming?” One may ask…
Every state’s Tag Application System is slightly different, and in Wyoming, you need points to acquire tags. Don’t let that discourage however, because there are fantastic hunt opportunities for as little as one or two points for trophy elk, mule deer and pronghorn antelope!
You can apply for Wyoming Preference Points for future Wyoming big game hunts in July. A whopping 75% of the premier licenses in Wyoming go to those with the most Preference Points. If you want a quality Wyoming hunt, start building your points this year! The Wyoming Preference Point system began in 2006 for elk, deer, and antelope. A point system for sheep and moose has been in place a bit longer.
Don’t Forget to Purchase Preference Points!
- If you already applied for sheep or moose, you were required to purchase a preference point and don’t need to do so now.
- If you applied for elk, mule deer, whitetail deer, or antelope earlier this year, you had the option to apply for a preference point. You can’t apply for an additional preference point now if you took this option.
- You can fail to apply for a license or fail to purchase a Preference Point for one year without losing accumulated Preference Points. However, if you fail to properly apply for a license or purchase Points for two consecutive years, your accumulated Preference Points will be deleted.
- To maintain preference points, don’t apply for an easy-to-draw units as a 1st choice.
- If you want to hunt more often without losing points, apply for hard-to-draw units as 1st choice and easy-to-draw units as your 2nd choice.
- If you have a child that wants to hunt, be sure to start building their preference points as soon as they are old enough.
- Apply online at the WGFD website.
- View your Wyoming preference points here.
- How to get guaranteed tags in hard-to-draw-units.
- Original Article
Don’t worry if you don’t draw a tag. We’ve got you covered.
So, if you’re looking to plan your dream hunt in Wyoming, contact us and we can help