Here are a few elk hunting tips:
If I’ve learned one thing it’s that elk hunting parallels life… and life isn’t fair.
Be careful what you ask for, ’cause you just might get it.
- You’re not as good as you think you are.
- Once you get to the top, there’s usually something higher.
- The “top” is windy, cold and sometimes lonely.
- If there’s not a trail, make your own.
- If you have a choice, take the high trail.
- Sometimes the herd bull is a dink.
- Persistence pays off. Put in the time.
- Take the “easy” ones when you can. You’ll earn ’em. Trust me.
- Easy is a relative term.
- Lean on your strengths.
- Improve your weaknesses. Be honest.
- The smart ones keep their mouth shut.
- Shoot Straight.
- Don’t shoot too far.
- Be aggressive, but know when to back off.
- Sometimes it happens when you least expect it.
- Get up early. Work hard. Stay late.
- Practice will never make you perfect, but it will make you better.
- Your buddy who gets his elk every year isn’t lucky. He’s good. Figure out how he does it.
- Sometimes you get what you want and it still stinks.
- Sometimes you follow all the rules and you still come up short.
- Misunderstanding the word ” Persistence” is often the problem.
- All lessons learned the hard way. Elk hunting makes you wiser.
- Sometimes when it seems too good to be true it usually is.
- The only thing you can count on, is you can’t count on anything.
Do you have any elk hunting tips to add to the list? Let us know.