Here are a few elk hunting tips:
If I’ve learned one thing it’s that elk hunting parallels life… and life isn’t fair.
Be careful what you ask for, ’cause you just might get it.
- You’re not as good as you think you are.
- Once you get to the top, there’s usually something higher.
- The “top” is windy, cold and sometimes lonely.
- If there’s not a trail, make your own.
- If you have a choice, take the high trail.
- Sometimes the herd bull is a dink.
- Persistence pays off. Put in the time.
- Take the “easy” ones when you can. You’ll earn ’em. Trust me.
- Easy is a relative term.
- Lean on your strengths.
- Improve your weaknesses. Be honest.
- The smart ones keep their mouth shut.
- Shoot Straight.
- Don’t shoot too far.
- Be aggressive, but know when to back off.
- Sometimes it happens when you least expect it.
- Get up early. Work hard. Stay late.
- Practice will never make you perfect, but it will make you better.
- Your buddy who gets his elk every year isn’t lucky. He’s good. Figure out how he does it.
- Sometimes you get what you want and it still stinks.
- Sometimes you follow all the rules and you still come up short.
- Misunderstanding the word ” Persistence” is often the problem.
- All lessons learned the hard way. Elk hunting makes you wiser.
- Sometimes when it seems too good to be true it usually is.
- The only thing you can count on, is you can’t count on anything.
Protect Your Investment with Trip Insurance!
When you travel, especially when you are going on a hunt in a remote location, things often don’t go well.
With travel insurance through Travel Guard you’ll have valuable coverage that travels with you and your family. We’re America’s leading provider of travel insurance plans and assistance programs and we’re here to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, day or night, rain or shine.
Talk to an Outfitter about a hunt.
If you’re wanting some more information, just fill out the form and let us know what your questions are. Outfitters are looking forward to talking to answering your questions. If you’d like to talk to someone directly, or you’re ready to book a hunt now, give us a call at (208) 789-0740.