Scoring Aoudad Sheep
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SCORING AOUDAD SHEEP
- All measurements must be made with a flexible 1/4 inch steel tape or cable to the nearest on-eighth (1/8) of an inch. To simplify, please enter fractional figures in eighths.
- DO NOT use cable to measure circumferences, lengths only.
- Official measurements cannot be taken for at least SIXTY (60) days after the animal was killed. The trophy must first have been stored under normal room temperature and humidity for at least 60 consecutive days. No trophy will be considered which has in any way been altered from its natural state.
- Please submit photographs. All entries must include photographs of the trophy. Photos of the right side, left side and front views are required. A photo at kill site if possible.
- Supplementary data measurements indicate conformation of the trophy. The figures in line A and B are not to be included in the score. Evaluation of conformation is a matter of personal preference.
- I. Length of Horns is measured from lowest point in front over outer curve to a point in line with tip.
- B. Circumference at Base is measured at right angles to the axis of the horn. DO NOT follow the irregular edge of the horn. Tape must be completely on horn material.
- C-2-3. Divide measurement of C of LONGER horn by four; mark BOTH horns at these quarters even though the other horn is shorter, and measure circumferences at these marks.
SCI MEDAL CLASSIFICATIONS FOR AOUDAD SHEEP
|SCI North America (Free Range)|
131 7/8″ (standard)
116 3/8″ (bow)
141 1/8″ (standard)
130 6/8″ (bow)