Hunting Trip Category: Grizzly Bear
This outfitter took the WORLD RECORD GRIZZLY BEAR just a few years ago.
If you’re looking to hunt a grizzly bear, this is THE HUNT for you. Bear populations are at all time high and hunter success for past five years has been 90% with average hide squaring over 8′. The majority qualifying for SCI and many B&C grizzlies as well. Grizzly bear populations are at an all time high in Alaska’s Game Management #19. Bears in this unit are classified as “grizzly bears” by SCI and B&C considers a good portion of them grizzlies as well.
The spring hunt can produce HUGE bears that are just coming out of hibernation.
Talk to an outfitter about a hunt
- The fall hunt takes place in September and October. In the fall, hunters have the option of making it a combo hunt for grizzly, trophy moose, caribou, and or black bear.
- The spring hunt can produce HUGE bears that are just coming out of hibernation.
- Hunters can expect to rise early and glass from camp, eat a hot breakfast, and then hike to a “lookout” where they will glass. Once a good bear is spotted, a stalk is made to within 50 to 150 yards.
- Success rate over the years stands at about 90%. Our hunters on this hunt have consistently taken grizzlies with hides that will square 8′ with skulls between 23″ and 26″.
- Hunts take place in rolling hills (alpine) areas with elevations between 500′ and 2,000′. Although not difficult, hunters should be comfortable with hiking two to five miles a day in hilly country.
- Weather in Alaska is unpredictable. Be prepared and pack accordingly. You shouldn’t see any snow, but expect some rain & wind. Bugs are not usually an issue, but bug dope & headnets are provided when needed.
- All trips are 1×1 with one hunter per spike camp unless the hunt was booked as 2×1. License and tags are over-the-counter.
Call (208) 991-4868
Outfitter: Stoney River LodgeWeapon: RifleSeason:
Guided: 1x1Hunt Features:
Accommodations: High End LodgingAmenities: Home Cooked Meals
- Free range
- High trophy quality
- Physically easy
- Near 100% success