Tanzania Cape Buffalo Hunts
These are high-end Tanzania cape buffalo hunts for trophy bulls!
Tanzania cape buffalo hunts on the Rungwa Ikili Game Reserve near Ruaha National Park.
An incredible buffalo Safari that consistently produces some outstanding trophies. This area of Tanzania is also known for its exceptional lion, leopard, and cape buffalo.
- Ikili Mountain is located in center of this hunting concession, and there are many springs around the outside of the mountain. These springs are the main reason why these cape buffalo hunts here are so exceptional, as they draw the game in the dry season.
- Cape Buffalo Safari Hunting Season – The best time to hunt cape buffalo in Tanzania is July through mid November.
- Hunting Method – These cape buffalo hunts are done by traditional spot and stalk methods, as well as tracking for mature bulls of trophy quality.
- Success Rates and Trophy Quality – This area is known for it’s trophy cape buffalo. On the average hunt, you should shoot a trophy bull over 40”.
There is no finer experience than sharing a Tanzania cape buffalo safari with your family or friends.
We strongly encourage the involvement of family groups in our camps. From the moment you are picked up at the airport, to the minute you are dropped off after your safari, we strive to exceed even your highest expectations.
It is our goal to provide you with truly the safari of a lifetime.
Here are some truly monstrous buffalo taken on this Safari:
- The P.H’s: Boasting more than 90 years combined experience guiding in Africa the Professional Hunters on this operation are hand-picked for their exceptional hunting skills, field knowledge, and positive attitudes toward making every hunt as memorable and successful as possible. They are familiar with the Outfitters’ Hunting Policies, game laws, the local areas and game; and they follow ethical and sportsmanlike hunting methods.
- Trophy Care: The outfitter is responsible for the field preparation, dipping and packing of your trophies. After the completion of your hunt all the necessary Tanzanian Government documentation will be obtained and this documentation will accompany your trophies once the trophies are ready for export.
- Available Game: In addition to huge buffalo, the Rungwa area has many large antelope species including Eland, Greater Kudu, Sable, and Roan. Smaller plains game animals such as Reedbuck, Oribi, Grysbuck, and Bushpig are also very abundant in Rungwa Ikili, along with many other typical East African plains game species. Plains game can be added to your cape buffalo hunt on a trophy fee basis.
- Just because you are hunting in remote locations deep in the African bush doesn’t mean you have to rough it! The Makwasa camp is located on the bank of the Makwasa River and within walking distance of the airstrip. This camp and staff was designed and trained to pamper you and your family after a day of Tanzania cape buffalo hunting.
- It is outfitted with premium-quality hunting equipment, beds, fine linens, bathrobes, and a fleet of 4×4 hunting vehicles, including several new 4-door air-conditioned Toyota Land Cruisers… everything you could imagine in even the finest hotels! From your morning wake-up call with fresh brewed coffee or tea, to on-demand hot water for showers, daily laundry service, gourmet meals, even a bartender who has your favorite drink ready for you as you step off the safari truck at day’s end, the camp staff provides the ultimate 5-star treatment.
- Safari Vehicles: All the vehicles are equipped with refrigerated lunch boxes, satellite phones (one stays with the car and one stays with the Professional Hunter), skilled drivers and trackers. Each vehicle has been properly rigged for hunting in the traditional East African safari style. Every camp has spare hunting vehicles available to preclude any loss of hunting time due to mechanical problems.
- Travel: Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) is the preferred airport. The Outfitter’s base office is located in Arusha and is an hour’s drive away. The Outfitter will pick you up at the airport and take care of your travel from there.