Welcome to Snake River Outfitters (SRO), home to First Class Hunts on First Class Ranches.
We are located northwest of Steamboat Springs, Colorado and are proud to provide only the finest hunting ranches that this area has to offer.
At present we have over 107,000 acres within our operation for your hunting experience. We have three separate camps with in the 107,000 acre area. comprised of Elkhead/Northfork, Slater Creek and Pilot Knob Camps (see Camps for each individual camp description). All of the ranches within our organization have met a certain criteria, and are enrolled in the RFW program. This program provides special advantages to us as wildlife managers and to you as guests.
Guaranteed licenses for all species – There are no deadline or applications necessary.
Choice of weapons – Simply, we are allowed to use any legal weapon at any time during the hunt.
Ability to set season dates – we set our own season dates, and are not tied to the general season structures.
This means to you the hunter, access during the September elk rut or the October/November migration hunt. If your dream is to harvest a mule deer during the November rut or a unique velvet buck in late August we have the ability to accommodate those dreams. If you wish to harvest an elk/deer or antelope or all three at once we have the ability to provide that opportunity through the RFW program.
Ranching for Wildlife
We are based out of Steamboat Springs, CO and has access to over 100,000 acres of elk hunting property. If you’d like to hunt elk in Colorado during the rut with your rifle, or maybe a late hunt, or even a combo hunt… we can make that happen for you without having to draw tags. All of these ranches are enrolled in the Ranching For Wildlife program, which gives the outfitter as well as their clients special advantages:
- Guaranteed tags for all species – No deadline or applications are necessary. License and tags are literally guaranteed. The outfitter will take you to the local store to purchase your tags and hunting license.
- Hunters have their choice of weapon – Use any weapon that is legal to hunt with in the State of Colorado on any hunt.
- Allows them to set their own hunting season dates – Not tied to the general hunting seasons.
- The trophy quality is good. You can expect to take a good 5×5 or 6×6 on this hunt. The opportunity is definitely there for a good bull over 300″, but a bull scoring between 250″ and 280″ is the norm.
- Combo your elk hunt with mule deer and/or an antelope.