Primitive Outfitting offers quality bow and rifle hunts in British Columbia for trophy Black Bear, Moose, and Elk. Bowhunting is our specialty and our passion, thus will be offering primarily bow hunts for these animals.
Our area boasts some of the highest densities of grizzly, black bear, and moose in the province. Our BC operation is located in east central BC, straight west of Jasper National Park, between McBride and Prince George. The hunting area is 980 sq. miles of pristine mountains and valleys. Our attention to detail and hard work will make this hunt one you will not forget!
This outfitters area boasts of some of the best habitat for black bears in the British Columbia. You can expect multiple stalks on this hunt.
Be prepared for a relaxing and enjoyable hunt. We do not get up at the crack of dawn as the big bears are primarily moving in the afternoon and evenings but at that point be ready for multiple stalks and large numbers of bears. There is a prolific salmon run in the fall which brings bear in for miles. It is not uncommon to see up to 15 black bears per day, with multiple stalks being the rule rather than the exception.
- Spring bear hunt
- The hunting area is accessed by vehicle, atv’s, and hiking however all stalks are done on foot.
- Bowhunter friendly outfitter, but rifle hunting is most common.
We have about 15% color phase, and the Pope and Yong minimum of 18 inches being common. So not only do we have high bear density’s, but have record book quality in the gene pool. We strongly encourage the taking of mature boars, with 95% of our bears taken in 2010 being mature boars. With the strong salmon run and high density of black bears, new boars quickly move in to replace those that were shot by our hunters.
Primitive Outfitting excels at archery British Columbia moose hunts.
Our specialty and we are passionate about it. These British Columbia moose hunts during the rut produce bulls up to 60+ inches! Although they do offer rifle hunting as well, they mainly book quality bow hunts in British Columbia for trophy black bear, moose, and elk. British Columbia is well known for its moose hunting, and this particular hunting area boasts some of the highest densities of grizzly, black bear, and moose in the province.
You’ll be hunting east-central BC, straight west of Jasper National Park, between McBride and Prince George. The hunting area is 980 sq. miles of pristine mountains and valleys. The area is referred to as the “wet side” of the Rockies, with a high annual rainfall. This equates into lush undergrowth, food, and swamps… which is ideal for moose hunting.
- In the early season we hunt the high mountain alpine where the moose summer to avoiding the insects. Once the rut starts they make their way down to the lower country to chase cows. Rut hunts consist of spotting a good bull, then moving in to set up to call (cow and bull calls). Bulls will usually come in to investigate giving the hunter a close and at times very intense shot. We also sometimes use a decoy, which has proven quite effective over the years.
- The moose in this area of British Columbia average 40-55 inches with some bulls in the 60+ range being taken every year. Although Canada moose are not as big as their Alaskan cousins, they are still a huge animal that will get your heart pounding when they are in bow range.
- All moose hunts are a total of 8 days.