Idaho Mule Deer Hunting
Idaho Hunting Units 39, 43, 44, 48 and 49
This Idaho Outfitter operates on both public and private land for archery and rifle trophy mule deer hunting in Idaho Hunting Units 43, 44, 48 and 49. Units 43, 48 and 49 are over-the-counter hunts where you will have a good chance at a solid buck. Unit 44 is by draw only and a 180+ is the goal there. Be sure you start applying.
Located in some of central Idaho’s most majestic and mountainous regions, these hunts are seven days and feature five full days of trophy mule deer hunting in addition to a pack-in and pack-out day. They can customize the hunt to your desires and the way you want to hunt. Hunters who have been mule deer hunting with this Outfitter have been featured in various magazines and TV shows as a result of their extremely high success rates on trophy mule deer.
- Archery hunts are offered from August – October and can be booked as a 2×1 or 1×1 hunter/guide ratio.
- Camps are usually limited to groups of four unless specifically requested otherwise.
- General rifle deer season runs from October – November except for in unit 44 which opens in
- September and ends at the end of October.
- Mule deer hunting camps are generally limited to four hunters unless specifically requested otherwise for larger groups.
- This outfitter enjoys the highest success rate in Idaho on trophy bucks.
Fully outfitted mule deer hunting packages include transportation to and from the hunting grounds after arrival in Sun Valley, Idaho; horseback transportation to camp if necessary.
These mule deer hunts include lodging in wall tents; backpack or private yurt camps; food; non-alcoholic beverages (BYOB) and meal preparation.
License and Tags
Unit 44 (you should be applying) is by draw only.
Units 43, 48, and 49 are over the counter.