Here’s your chance to Read more [...]
Hunting Trip Category: Moose
This is a great, “easy” Alberta, Canada outfitter who offers both archery and rifle moose hunts.
If you prefer a hard-core, traditional moose hunt, this hunt is not for you. However, if you want a high odds, fairly easy, laid back hunt with a fun outfitter, we can’t think of a better one.
Hunting takes place in flat farm fields surrounded by timber (Crown Land), so it is a fairly easy hunt. You will drive the farmland with your guide until you find a good bull, then use spot and stalk and/or call a rutting bull into range.
Good antler growth and body mass are common to the moose in this area is contributed to the abundance of agricultural crops. Geographically we are situated approx. 350 miles Northwest of Edmonton or 60 miles North of Grande Prairie. The government biologist implemented a residents draw for moose which has dramatically limited moose hunting in the area since 1999. Since then, the moose population has exploded resulting in some excellent trophy quality hunting with a bow or rifle.
- 100% opportunity
- 75% success rate
- A 45″ bull is a real possibility with mid 50’s bulls on the top end
- Archery: Late August through early September
- Rifle: Late September through early October *they offer only ONE six-day Rifle hunt during the peak of the rut.
- Can also be upgraded to a whitetail / moose combo hunt
- Stay in a modest ranch house. Hunters have their own bedrooms and all amenities including: laundry; Wi-Fi; satellite TV; and Internet. The living room has fireplace and TV to watch all the football games while enjoying a beverage from the bar.
- Geographically they are situated approx. 350 miles Northwest of Edmonton or 60 miles North of Grande Prairie.
- These hunts fill fast and are often booked a few years in advance.
Outfitter: Legend Outfitting