This outfitters area Read more [...]
Hunting Trip Category: Black Bear
These Alaska trophy black bear hunts are conducted in Prince William Sound in Alaska Unit 6 where the rugged Chugach Mountains meet the saltwater. You’ll be hunting big salmon-fed bears just coming out of hibernation in an area that has one of the highest bear populations in Alaska and they typically square between 6-7 feet. These black bears have the best hair quality on the planet, and a few record book black bears are taken every year. Large boars with perfect hides are the norm. These big salmon-fed Bears are just coming out of hibernation & have some of the best hide quality anywhere on the planet. Cruising the coastal shorelines and glassing the tidal flats produce plenty of stalking opportunities. This area has one of the highest Bear populations in the state.
A bonus on this trip is the fishing, waterfowl hunting and blacktail deer hunting. This outfitter only takes three groups per year on this hunt, and they are in the spring when the weather is nicest. This is a quality, fun hunt for a trophy-sized bear.
- Consistent trophy 6-7 foot boars
- 95-100% success year after year
- Offering both Spring and Fall Hunts
- Coastal Spot and Stalk Hunting
- Hunt from a Luxury Yaught
- Our clients rave about this hunt
- Fall coastal black bear hunts can be combined with Sitka Blacktail Deer, Sea Ducks, and Silver Salmon
This is how an Alaska coastal black bear hunting trip should be! Cruising the coastal shorelines in a boar and glassing the tidal flats produce plenty of spot and stalk opportunities.
The hunting is almost what you would consider…. luxury.
Wake up before light and glass the surrounding bay where the boat is anchored, eat breakfast, pack sack lunch, and get out on the skiffs to beach comb for bears. Come back for hot lunch and move boat if necessary, or repeat.
Big boat moves will be done mid day. Bears are usually spotted along the coast from skiffs out in the bays. Once a good bear is spotted, you and your guide will stalk into range.
- Success rates on these coastal black bear hunts have been 95-100% every year.
- Trophy quality is very good. Big 6-7 foot bears with beautiful, perfect coats are the norm.
- Sitka blacktail deer can be hunted on these coastal black bear hunts in Alaska
- Alaska offers both spring and fall black bear hunting seasons. These Alaska vessel-based, coastal black bear hunts take place May through June in the spring, and September in the fall.
- Cruise the coastal shorelines and glass the tidal flats for bears. This is an awesome bow hunting opportunity as well.
- Most hunters fly to Anchorage, Alaska and then catch a flight to Valdez where the outfitter will meet you for your hunt.
- Black bear tags and Alaska hunting licenses are over the counter. You can purchase them online prior to your trip or once you get there with the help of your guide or outfitter.
Hunt in Style from the Outfitters’ Yacht:
Transportation and accommodations for these coastal black bear hunts are based out of the outfitters’ boat. Skiffs are 20’ and the boat is 53 x 17. Sleeping arrangements are bunk style, and there is a shower on board.
The meals are just basic home cooking, but if you tell the Outfitter prior to your hunt what you prefer, he will get what you request within reason. Expect to eat lots and lots of fresh seafood such as Halibut, Rockfish, and Shrimp that you catch during your trip. Expect to eat lots and lots of fresh seafood such as Halibut, Rockfish, and Shrimp that you catch during your trip.
Outfitter: Pacific Mountain GuidesWeapon:
Guided: 2x1Hunt Features: guaranteed tagsAccommodations: High End LodgingAmenities: Fine Dining