How Our Hunting Consultants Service Works
As hunting consultants, our job is NOT to hard sell you any particular hunt. We are here to advise you on the best hunt to book based on your wants, needs, budget, etc… and our advice is free to you.
Our consultants will ask you questions about the type of hunt you are looking for, trophy expectations, budget, schedule, etc. and then offer you the best options available. Unlike an Outfitter, our goal is not to get you to book any one hunt. We work with a number of Outfitters, and that gives us the ability to match you with the outfitter that we think will be the best one for you to hunt with. Our success depends on giving you good advice, because we hope that you will continue to use our hunting consultants’ services on your future hunts as well. Our hunting clients trust our hunting consultants to provide good advice about the quality outfitters that we work with around the world.
Once you settle on a particular hunt that sounds good to you, we will get you in touch with the Outfitter so you can ask questions and get a good feel for him and the hunt. Even though our hunting consultants personally hunt with each of our Outfitters, we still think that it is important that you talk to your guide before you go hunting with him. Once the trip is booked, we will assist you in every way possible to make your adventure smooth and worry-free. Our service even includes making sure you have the right gear for your upcoming hunt.
We look forward to helping you with a lifetime of great hunting trips.
If you need information on a future hunt, please fill out this form, and one of our hunting consultants will help you out. If you are still on the fence about using a consultant to book your next hunt, check out these faq’s on why you should use hunting consultants.
Why you can feel confident booking one of these hunting trips:
- We have hunted with them personally: An Outdoors International Staff Member has hunted with this outfitter and given him or her a high rating.
- Our Rating System Includes: Number and quality of game seen on the hunt; guide competence; knowledge of the area and the laws; adequate lodging and accommodations; quality of food; transportation to and from the airport and during the hunt; safety; communication prior to, during and after the hunt; and personality.
- Proven Track Record/Background Check: We try our best to thoroughly vet our outfitters for any crimes, game violations, bad reviews from clients, etc. We must book hunts with the outfitter for a minimum of two years before they are featured here.
- Positive Reviews from Hunters: Hunters booked with our outfitters must give them a high rating in their hunt reports.
- If there are complaints from our clients, they must be handled quickly and professionally by the outfitter.
- If an outfitter receives what we consider too many complaints they lose their Featured status, and are often removed from our hunt directory completely.
From an Outfitter
I wanted to take a minute of your time and send a note of thanks. As the Owner/Operator of an Outfitting business based Kenai, Alaska, all too often we go through our daily lives and work with a core group of people who tend to make business “just a little easier” and don’t send recognition for the work they do.
In the time I have been running our hunting/transporter businesses, I have dealt with many different booking agents, none of which have been as easy to work with both from our perspective, but from our Hunters as well. The professionalism and knowledge of the business exudes confidence in the hunters we provide services to – ensuring they are prepared for a hunt that may be the toughest they will experience.
There are not many people I am confident enough in that I provide our Booking Agents to make “customized” choices for our hunters, but without a doubt, Outdoors International has lived up to that ability. Having the attention to detail that you bring to ensures our hunters are aware of what kind of hunt they are purchasing.
Having an industry which is littered with “mediocre” brokers, it is refreshing to have solidified a great working relationship with those at Outdoors International, they’re top notch in the business!
Looking forward to continued success with the Crew of OI!
Many Thanks, Sheila Spisak
I do recommend OI (Outdoors International) to every hunter that I come in contact with. Even if they don’t have a hunt in mind I tell them to check these guys out. Great respect for the staff! I have been very happy with them and will continue to use them for every trip I plan!
My Dad and I had a great moose hunt! Hopefully we will be able to do it again.
Just a little more than an hour into the hunt, I took a great 32 1/2″ ram after a short stalk with little cover and a 325 yard shot. Hit well, the ram ran about 40 yards and went down. What a way to start the hunt!
I have always heard this is a shooters hunt, this couldn’t be more true. The shortest shooting distance on our hunt was 206 yards, with the longest being 440 yards. That being said, we did have some great opportunities that could have been successful with a bow.
Jim shot a great caribou bull and I missed my only opportunity, but learned a lot and cant wait to go back. Thank you.
I was very pleased with my European combo hunt in Croatia. The food was exceptional. Fresh seafood from the Adriatic Sea. No shortage of game and of high quality.