Bargain Colorado Elk Hunts
Guaranteed Colorado Elk Hunts on the Fisher Mesa.
We have tags for these bargain Colorado elk hunts during the 1st rifle elk season as well as the 2nd rifle season.
- 1st Rifle Season: You will see bulls with and without cows as they are coming to the end of the rut. However, they are usually more responsive to the calls. Expect to do a lot of stalking and some sitting during this season. The 1st rifle season has a slightly higher opportunity rate.
- 2nd Rifle Season: The rut is winding down now, but you will still hear a few bugles. This hunt is mostly spot-and-stalk, but you may do some sitting.
- If you’re a bowhunter, we also have archery hunts available on this ranch.
The neat thing about this ranch is that it holds a good number solid 6 x 6 bulls. But what truly makes it special are the few monster, world class bulls it holds every year.
Co-owner, Hunting Consultant
The ranch has a good mix of meadows at around 7,000 ft and climbs up to higher, rougher ground covered in scrub oak, timber, some pinion pine and aspen stands at 9,500 ft.
You will hunt mornings and evenings, coming in for lunch or taking a break in the field. Expect temperatures range between 20-70F. Sunny days are prevalent with an occasional bit of clouds and rain & possibly snow. The second season is a bit cooler, often freezing at night.
- License and tags for this hunt are guaranteed, over-the-counter and can be purchased online or locally upon your arrival.
- Opportunity on this hunt is 100% for the 1st season and 85% for the 2nd season
- Success rate is 75% for both seasons
Our Advice is Free
Food and Lodging
You will be staying in a modern three bedroom cabin with two bathrooms/showers. Meals will be served in the main Lodge.
Home cooked meals are provided with the exception of some lunches that may be in the field (bag lunch) or sandwiches at the lodge. Snacks such as energy bars, candy bars, chips, cookies, etc.. are provided. Bottled water is provided in your cabin and for your hunting pack.
Most of our hunters fly to Denver or Colorado Springs, then rent a car to get to the ranch. Once you arrive, travel will be by pickup trucks, side-by-sides and walking.
Trophy quality is high for the price
You can expect 6×6 bulls scoring 270-320″ average with bigger bulls on the ranch. Bulls scoring 380″ have been seen on the ranch.
There are lots of black bears on this ranch, and it is possible to do a combo elk hunt during the first season.