British Columbia Mountain Goat Hunt
This area has some of the best mountain goat hunting in British Columbia. The mountain goats will have their winter coats and will make a beautiful mount. Be prepared for some climbing on these mountain goat hunts and sometimes just waiting for them to feed in an area you can get too. This is a hunt where physical fitness is very important. It’s not so difficult to find the goats, what is difficult is getting to them. With tag allocations getting cut in half in BC these hunts are harder and harder to schedule. We prefer to send clients in from mid September to the first week in October to get the best coats with the best weather.
- 12 day hunts
- Guided 1-on-1
- Hunting takes place from mid September through early October
- The weather can be snow, rain or sometimes pleasant Indian summer
- Large billies with winter coats are the norm, average billies are 9.5″ with 6″ bases. Billies up to 11″ with 6.5″ bases have been taken.
- Once you arrive at base camp, horses will be used for transportation
- You will stay in either cabins or wall tents with heaters
- Can be a combo with Stone sheep