Fly-in, Alaska Mountain Goat Hunt
Fully guided, “fair chase,” 10 day BACKPACK goat hunt in the remote backcountry of Alaska.
This hunt is based in the Prince William Sound, which has some of the highest goat populations in the world.
This is a fly-in, hunt where you will be spot-and-stalk hunting big, trophy billies. They have areas that goats have never seen humans before, and in this day and age that is a pretty cool thing when you think about it. *Bowhunters are welcome.
Co-owner, Hunting Consultant
- Trophy quality is excellent. They target older, mature billy’s with horns averaging between 9” and 10”. They have an incredible success rate of 95-100% depending on the year.
- Season dates are September through January, but the hair on mountain goats is what makes the trophy in most peoples’ opinions, so we suggest you hunt between October and the end of January. This area doesn’t get much hunting pressure, so you won’t be seeing other hunters while you are in the field.
- If the weather cooperates and you are in decent shape, you will have a 100% opportunity rate with our Alaska mountain goat hunting outfitters.
- This can be a fairly difficult hunt physically. They haven’t made any exercise equipment that will prepare you for the real thing, but the harder you work to get yourself in shape before the hunt the better and easier it will be for you. That said, this is a mountain goat hunt that almost anyone can do. We just ask that you do yourself a favor and get in shape.
- This outfitter offers 1×1 and 2×1 mountain goat hunts. The 1×1 hunts always give you the best chance for success and we highly recommend going that route.
Our Advice is Free
Just returned from my Alaska mountain goat hunt – great hunt and fantastic group of guides, packers! Got my goat on the second day and I want to thank you for putting me in touch with such top notch, friendly, extremely capable people. Everything was A+ all the way around. Thanks again and I’ll be touch for another hunt.
This mountain goat trip far exceeded my expectations! Marc put me on the best hunt I’ve been on! Tom the outfitter has an outstanding operation from all aspects. His guide Corey worked so hard to make my hunt successful. I would recommend this hunt to anyone looking for a goat hunt. Be in shape!
This is a backpack hunt, but you will fly into elevation and be staying in wall tents with stoves and real food.
You will arrive in Cordova, AK and be picked up there at the airport. From there you will be taken to get your license and tags. After that, depending on the weather and time you will jump in a Super Cub and be flown into the field to start your hunt.
Your Alaskan hunting license and mountain goat tags are over-the-counter. These are registration areas for goat hunts, so permits can and will be done online when your guide picks you up.