One of the hardest working guides in the business
This area is known for consistently producing trophy mountain lions. The key to consistant good moutain lion hunting is good snow and this outfitters area has some of the best snow in the business. This crew of houndsmen are some of the hardest working we have experienced. That and the awesome area they hunt makes for many happy clients each year. Our owner Marc Warnke has hunted with them personally and can’t say enough good things about this operation. Get more information »
Mountain Lion Hunting Season
The outfitter and guides on this hunt are some of the best. Extremely hard working and their determination for success is unmatched.” ~ Marc Warnke
Normal mountain lion hunting season in both Wyoming and Idaho runs from December thru March. Earlier hunts are sometimes available in November depending on snow conditions.
Hunting licences and mountain lion tags are available over the counter and can be purchased online or the outfitter will help you once you arrive.
What You Should Expect on Your Mountain Lion Hunt
Your guides will be out sometimes all night trying to cut tracks with the use of snow machines, atvs and 4×4’s depending on snow conditions. Once a good track is found, hunting will take place with hounds. Hunters are welcome to use archery, muzzle-loader or rifles. This can be a very physical hunt at times depending on location and it can sometimes be a short hike from the snow machines.
Both Idaho and Wyoming mountain lion hunting are five days fully guided. Typically, the hunt will be Monday thru Friday with lodging and meals. Both Idaho and Wyoming Mountain Lion hunting trips are guided one-on-one. This Outfitter also has multiple packs of hounds, houndsmen and extra equipment available to accommodate the hunters.
Success Rates and Trophy Quality
– The success rate on both Idaho and Wyoming mountain lion hunting is over 90% for the last nine years.
– Trophy quality is very good. An average Tom weighs 135 to 145 lbs with a full winter coat.
We have had days where we have cut several lion tracks, then it is decision time. We have to decide on which track is the biggest and freshest. Release the hounds!”
A cow elk hunt may be added on for an additional fee of $500.00 + tag. Tag must be purchased in July. This only applies in Wyoming for the months of December and January.
Travel, Food and Lodging for this hunt
These guides will work hard from the early morning hours cutting tracks while you are sleeping and dreaming of a trophy mountain lion.” ~ Lavoy Eborn
There are three airports located with a short drive. Salt Lake International, Idaho Falls and Jackson Hole. Arrangements can be made for pick up by the outfitter.
If you are mountain lion hunting in Wyoming, lodging is typically at the Outfitters’ log home which is located in Wyoming one mile from the Idaho border. All hunters have private bedrooms and bath.
If you are hunting in Idaho, you will stay in a hotel (which is covered by the outfitter).
Meals will be taken care of the through the duration of the hunt from the evening before the hunt and breakfast the day after the hunt.
Custom Mountain Lion Hunting Gear Lists
Browse our Mountain Lion Hunts:
- Mountain lion hunting is an incredible experience for one of most sought after trophies in the nation, and there is no wonder why after seeing a mountain lion up close and personal. They are a magical animal. “This mountain lion hunting outfitter has had about 90% success on these Idaho mountain lion hunts over the […]
Idaho & Wyoming Mountain Lion Hunting
Arizona Mountain Lion Hunts from Horseback on Dry Ground
- Nevada has some incredible mountain lion hunting. It is a sleeper, and this Nevada Mountain Lion Hunting Outfitter goes above and beyond to try to ensure your success. This hunt is hunt is an affordable alternative to someone looking for a deal. The houndman on this hunt does a great job and works his butt […]
Colorado Mountain Lion Hunts
- These British Columbia hunts are in one of the best Mountain Lion Hunting areas in Canada. This hunt takes place in an exclusive outfitter territory that is made up of 1.6 million acres of prime mountain lion trophy hunting habitat in beautiful British Columbia. * This British Columbia Outfitter is fluent in German and has […]
*if you don’t see a hunt here that interests you, be sure to contact us so we can help you find one.