These Idaho Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Hunting camps are located in the heart of the rutting and wintering area. This sheep tag is fairly easy to draw, and this Outfitter is a great choice for hunters who buy the Idaho Auction Tag.
If you’ve drawn an Idaho sheep tag in Unit 26, contact us now!
When you walk away from your hunt with us your experience and memories will read like the tales of mountain men of old and the stories you will share with others will be told for years and years.”
This is not just sheep hunting… it’s the ultimate wilderness experience! No fences, fancy lodges, travel by SUV or ATV, nor crowds.
What they do offer is a true mountain man experience and the hunt of a lifetime in beautiful mountains, valleys and ridges of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in Idaho. No roads, no cars, no power lines in an area that spans 340+/- square miles. This country is rich in history and free roaming, non pressured wildlife such as Elk, Mule Deer, Sheep, Bear, Mountain Lions and Wolves. Many of the sheep here can be accessed via horseback so this is a hunt that physical fitness is important but not imperative to success. We have extensive experience with this outfitter and just can’t say enough about how good he is.
*This Outfitter also has an INCREDIBLE November mule deer hunt during the rut as well in the same area. Highly recommended.
Idaho’s Bighorn sheep Auction permit brought the third highest amount of those offered by any western state or province for Rocky Mountain sheep in this 2009’s auction. This Outfitter would be an excellent choice for your auction tag.
These Idaho Rocky Mountain bighorn sheep hunting trips are the real thing…unmatched landscapes, pack in on horseback, camping out, spot & stalk hunting, experienced guides, outstanding meals and much more. “It’s the whole nine yards.” Rams range in size from 160″ to 180″+. Some true trophies have been taken on this hunt over the years.
Travel to Idaho
Most hunters will fly or drive to Challis, Idaho where they will take a backcountry flight into a private air strip in the wilderness. The Outfitter will pick you up at the strip with horses and a string of mules and pack you into camp. Hunting will be on foot and on horseback.
IDAHO SHEEP HUNTING
Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness
No fences, no fancy lodges, no travel by SUV or ATV, nor are there any crowds or cell phones. This is a true mountain man experience and the hunt of a lifetime in an area that spans 340+/- square miles. This country is rich in history and free roaming, non-pressured mule deer abound.
Camp consists of a cook (kitchen) tent and hunter tents (two hunters per tent) and is right up on top of a big, flat ridge with about ten finger ridges that come off of it. There is no need to get up super early because you are right amongst the deer and can glass just a few hundred yards from camp while breakfast is being cooked and the horses are being saddled by the guides. Once you eat breakfast, you will ride out with your guide and glass the finger ridges.
Hunt Reports for this outfitter:
If you have gone on a hunt with one of our outfitters, please submit a hunt report.
- Jacob Walkenhauer Idaho Mule Deer Hunt - Your Name: Jacob Walkenhauer Your Location: Yakima, WA Your Agent’s Name: Marc Warnke Trip Taken: Idaho Mule Deer Hunt Date: November 10-16, 2015 My dad and I each killed nice deer. He killed his on the ride to camp on the first day after passing on three other nice deer. It was probably 150-155″ four […]
- Hunt Report | Raymond Thomas and His Sons Have a Great Idaho Wilderness Mule Deer Hunt - I would recommend this hunt to anyone interested in a real back country hunt.
- Hunt Report | Gregory Mescan’s Idaho Wilderness Adventure - ______________________________________
- Hunt Report | Idaho Backcountry Mule Deer - A few pics from our Idaho backcountry mule deer hunt: Gary, Steve and Daddy Ball. My little brother Steve had a BLAST! The outfitter and all the guide’s – personnel were 110% courteous, appreciative and well mannered. He runs a tight ship and you set us up with a guy and place that showed us […]
- Idaho Sheep Hunting Outfitter Report - Idaho Sheep Hunting Outfitter Report
Our Idaho sheep hunting outfitter went 3 for 4 on nice rams in Idaho's Frank Church Wilderness hunting unit 26. This Idaho sheep hunting unit is one of the easiest in the nation to draw.