You won’t see many other hunters on this hunt…. it’s remote.
Be prepared to see all types of game on this hunt. It is an incredible experience with the potential for trophy elk and mule deer. This outfitter does an amazing job of running a camp that is this remote.
What we offer is a true mountain man experience and the hunt of a lifetime in beautiful mountains, valleys and ridges of the Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in Idaho. No roads, no cars, no power lines in an area that spans 280+/- square miles.
What to expect on this Idaho Wilderness elk hunt
These over-the-counter elk tags can be used anytime between mid-September and mid-November. September through early October is cool because you can hunt during the rut with your rifle and have a decent chance at a mule deer. Later in the season, the mule deer hunting gets better, so it also makes for a fun combo hunt.
Glassing, spot-and-stalk and calling depending on the season. On a typical day, you will get up and eat a good, hot breakfast while glassing for game right from camp. Then you will ride out with your guide (usually two hunters per guide) and spend the day elk hunting. The guides will adapt the hunt to your needs.
*Sometimes hunters will “spike out” from the main camp to reduce travel and access areas that get lower hunting pressure.
Success Rates and Trophy Quality
We can guarantee that you will see game on this hunt… and most likely you will get a shot. As you can see from the pictures above, this outfitter takes some nice 300″+ bulls every year.
Most hunters arrive in Boise, Idaho and catch a back-country flight into the Wilderness where the Outfitter will pick them up with horses. You can also fly in from McCall or Challis, Idaho. The Outfitter will help you make all of your arrangements with your flights.
IDAHO ELK HUNTING
Camps are comfortable wall tents with wood stoves, (two hunters per tent). There is one large cook tent and a guide tent. Because this is a wilderness area, far from any roads, elk and deer can be spotted right out of camp.
Hunt Reports from clients who’ve hunted with this outfitter:
If you have gone on a hunt with one of our outfitters, please submit a hunt report.
- Jacob Walkenhauer Idaho Mule Deer Hunt - Your Name: Jacob Walkenhauer Your Location: Yakima, WA Your Agent’s Name: Marc Warnke Trip Taken: Idaho Mule Deer Hunt Date: November 10-16, 2015 My dad and I each killed nice deer. He killed his on the ride to camp on the first day after passing on three other nice deer. It was probably 150-155″ four […]
- Hunt Report | Raymond Thomas and His Sons Have a Great Idaho Wilderness Mule Deer Hunt - I would recommend this hunt to anyone interested in a real back country hunt.
- Hunt Report | Gregory Mescan’s Idaho Wilderness Adventure - ______________________________________
- Hunt Report | Idaho Backcountry Mule Deer - A few pics from our Idaho backcountry mule deer hunt: Gary, Steve and Daddy Ball. My little brother Steve had a BLAST! The outfitter and all the guide’s – personnel were 110% courteous, appreciative and well mannered. He runs a tight ship and you set us up with a guy and place that showed us […]
- Idaho Sheep Hunting Outfitter Report - Idaho Sheep Hunting Outfitter Report
Our Idaho sheep hunting outfitter went 3 for 4 on nice rams in Idaho's Frank Church Wilderness hunting unit 26. This Idaho sheep hunting unit is one of the easiest in the nation to draw.