This Outfitter took the World Record Bezoar Ibex… TWICE!
As a trophy big game animal, Bezoar Ibex are one of the most sought after species in the hunting world. Besides being spectacularly beautiful, with long sweeping scimitar shaped horns that grow upwards of 50 inches, Bezoar Ibex have the longest horns of any animal in the world, relative to their body size. Get more information
*Enormous Wild Boar are also available for an additional trophy fee.
The Bezoar Ibex, like most other species of goat, thrives in steep terrain and generally inhabits the alpine zone of the mountains. However, steepness has got nothing to do with altitude, so Bezoar Ibex can be found even at low altitudes along the Mediterranean coast. The range of altitude at which they live is anywhere between 2400’ to 9000’. Physical fitness is important on this hunt but you don’t necessarily have to be in “sheep shape.”
Ibex hunting runs from August 1st to May 31st, and your hunt includes 7 full days of hunting. Because there are so many areas to hunt, accommodations range from five star hotels or cottages in nearby villages to mountain-side tents or small hunting cabins.
Bezoar Ibex Hunting Itinerary
Day 1 – Arrive in Istanbul, Turkey, where your outfitter will assist you with customs and transport plans to hunting area.
Day 2 -8 – Hunting days.
Day 8 – Leave hunting area according to pre-arranged departure plans.
Travel and Trophy Quality
Your hunt for trophy Bezoar Ibex will take place in the Taurus Mountains of Turkey. This outfitter has access to many different hunting areas in these mountains, and offers two levels of Bezoar Ibex hunts. Some areas provide good hunting opportunities for solid representatives of the species (roughly 36-40 inches), while other locations are known as “Prime Areas” which provide opportunities to encounter much larger populations of Ibex as well as increased trophy potential. It is in these “Prime Areas” where most of the 50″+ rams are taken.
Hunt Price Includes:
- 1×1 Experienced Guide and one interpreter with each hunter for the duration of the hunt
- Visa Invitation, Customs Handling, and Organization up to Mentioned Hunting Days
- Transfers to/from hunting area and closest airport
- Hunting and Rifle Licenses, and Area Fees
- Full Board Accommodation in the Hunting Area
- 1 Trophy Bezoar Ibex up to either 90cm or 115cm, depending on hunting area
- Field Prep of Trophy, including preparation to be shipped home
- Assistance with departing travel plans
Hunt Price Excludes:
- International and Domestic Air Fares
- Visa Fees
- Trophy Shipment or Trip Insurance
- Hotel accommodation before/after/between the hunt
- Sightseeing/Personal Expenses
- Extra Hunt Days ($350/Day) in the event extra hunt days are needed or requested
- Observer Fee ($1,750) if accompanied by an observer